Using the account settings app to manage your profile, invite others to your organization and to manage your subscription
Account Settings includes the functionality described below. These settings are accessible from the menu on the left:
Navigating Between Account Settings and Other Apps
Clicking on the icon with three hexagons on the top right of Account Settings displays the app switcher and allows you to navigate to Control Center and other apps. Loop, Data Exporter and the Tableau Connector will display if you have access to these apps via your subscription. The Data Exporter and the Tableau Connector can be accessed as part of a Premium Plan Subscription (Contact Us if you are interested).
In the navigation options in the top right of Control Center you can also access Help details as shown below. Select this option to find API documentation, link to our Support knowledge base and to Contact us.
Clicking on your initials in the top right allows you to switch organizations and logout. Switching organizations is available if your account is a member of multiple organizations.
- Allows you to view all the members of your organization.
- You can invite new members to your organization to give them access to your API subscription. See How do I invite people into my Organization?
- You can remove members who no longer need access.
There are two roles you can choose from in the application which determine a users permission level. The roles are "Admin" and "User". See below for what each role can do.
When you sign up for a trial account you are signed up as an "Admin". You can then invite others to your organization and assign them the "Admin" or the "User" role.
Users can do the following:
- View the Control Center dashboard
- Create and View API clients and tokens
- Use API Explorer in Control Center
- Search in Control Center
- Can view members in Account Settings
- View and update their own profile in Account Settings
- Can edit their connections and notifications in Account Settings
- Can view plan details in Account Settings
- Can make an upgrade request
Admins can do the following:
The "Admin" role can perform any action in the system including the actions below. Users with the "User" level role cannot perform the actions below. Admins can do the following:
View and edit billing details (including invoices)
Delete clients or tokens
Change client secret for another users tokens
Invite other users in Account settings
Change an organizations profile
Delete an organization
Change a users role
- View full details of your API plan.
- Request changes to your plan - to request changes to your plan click on the on/off toggle items to request an upgrade or change to your plan. For example if you want to make a change to the places you have access to, click on the edit icon under places. To change your event visibility click on the links to "Increase visibility."
- View and update your billing details.
- View invoices. You can find invoices at the bottom of the billing page.
- Update your profile including your name, e-mail, job title, phone number, location and time zone. See also How do I update my email address?
- View and update details for your organization including name, description, industry, use cases, location and intended use.
- Update connections to log in with third party accounts. This includes support for Github, Google and LinkedIn. Connecting your login to these accounts lets you log in with your Github, Google or LinkedIn username and password.
- Update your e-mail preferences to control what e-mails you receive.