The HipChat integration gives you another channel to receive your PredictHQ notifications through. Therefore, you may want to consider having a dedicated room created in HipChat to send your PredictHQ event notifications to, before setting up your HipChat integration in PredictHQ's web app.
NB: The HipChat integration itself is configured within PredictHQ's web app only.
To set up your HipChat integration:
- Log into PredictHQ.
- Click your profile image in the header.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Authorise (for HipChat).
- On the authorisation screen, select the room that you want to set your integration up for.
- Click Continue.
- Click Approve.
You can now configure your settings by choosing what notifications you want posted to your HipChat room.
You can select specific saved searches and projects that you want alerts for feeding into HipChat in the drop down menu.
Make sure the alerts you want to receive in HipChat are switched "On" then click Save Changes.
NB: Project alerts are generally more personal than others, so consider not sending this activity into public rooms.
After you save your configuration, it will be added to your configurations list where you can view a summary of your configuration or add another if you wish.
To delete a configuration:
- Click on which configuration you want to remove.
- On the configuration page, click on the button with the three dots in the top right hand corner.
- Click Delete Configuration.
- Confirm by clicking Delete Configuration in the modal that appears.