The Slack integration gives you another channel to receive your PredictHQ notifications through. Therefore, you may want to consider having a dedicated channel created in Slack to send your PredictHQ event notifications to, before setting up your Slack integration in PredictHQ's web app.
NB: The Slack integration itself is configured within PredictHQ's web app only.
To set up your Slack integration:
- Log into PredictHQ.
- Click your profile image in the header.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Authorise (for Slack).
- On the authorisation screen, select the Slack team and the channel that you want to set your integration up for.
- Click Authorize.
You can now configure your settings by choosing what notifications you want posted to your Slack channel.
You can select specific saved searches and projects that you want alerts for feeding into Slack in the drop down menu.
Make sure the alerts you want to receive in Slack are switched "On" then click Save Changes.
NB: Project alerts are generally more personal than others, so consider not sending this activity into public channels.
After you save your configuration, it will be added to your configurations list where you can view a summary of your configuration or add another if you wish.
To delete a configuration:
- Click on which configuration you want to remove.
- On the configuration page, click on the button with the three dots in the top right hand corner.
- Click Delete Configuration.
- Confirm by clicking Delete Configuration in the modal that appears.